Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The Last Knight: Chapter 1

My thoughts chapter 1 of The Last Knight by Hilari Bell.
This book is the first in the Knight and Rogue Series.

WARNING: This post contains spoilers. Proceed with caution if you have not read this.
This chapter is written in the viewpoint of the character Fisk. Within the first paragraph, I can see his interest in books. From what I can remember from reading this book previously, I am glad Fisk is the one to provide the background information because he paints a more realistic view than Michael, the other main character. Sir Michael is far more cheery and holds himself to very high moral standards. Although I only see a glimpse of that since Fisk spends the chapter creatively describing his companion to be an idiot who is trying to fulfill a role that most people consider obsolete.

One thing that is a bit confusing is the two moons: the Green Moon and the Creature Moon. It took me a while to remember that in this fantasy world, each moon has supernatural qualities and can cause certain things to happen depending on the actions of a person when the moons have risen.

This chapter ended with more questions popping up, both for myself and the characters. Hopefully some will soon be answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment