Thursday, June 30, 2016

Investing Experiment: 06/30/2016

My choices are doing very well lately. Ever since my ranking bounced up in the middle of June, it has been steadily climbing higher. When I learned that the UK had voted to leave the European Union, I was worried about how the market would be affected. However, since I have very basic knowledge about companies, there was little I could do besides reading random articles about what people predict will happen. I figured this was it, my stock picks are going to go down in value now.

In hindsight, I realize that I did not need to worry as much as I did because my portfolio focuses on companies in the United States so they won't be affected as quickly as stocks overseas. Granted, I still need to worry because businesses and other investors are adjusting themselves as policies and relationships change between countries. I expect my portfolio's value to fluctuate with each new piece of news. Until then, I will treasure the sight of having an account value of $10,423.45 and a rank of 181.

Click here to see an overview of my investing experiment.
Previous update: 06/15/2016
Next update: 07/25/2016

No comments:

Post a Comment