Monday, November 23, 2015

Reasons

Well, I am really disappointed in myself. I started this blog planning to write a little bit each day and post at least one thing each week. There are so many things that stopped me. Here is a list of my main reasons for so little writing and posting.


  • Something unexpected happened. I absolutely have to do this task today and then I can not get to the computer to do my daily writing. I'll just write extra tomorrow.
  • Feeling tired, I'll just write extra tomorrow.
  • I started a draft and the content is all done, but I don't know what to write to make a good conclusion. I'll just write extra tomorrow.
  • I want to update the background on this blog with a picture that I drew. I'll just write extra tomorrow.
  • No idea what to write about. I'll just write extra tomorrow.
  • I have been around people all day. I finally got some time for myself and I am not going to spend this time writing for other people to read. I'll just write extra tomorrow.
  • Finished writing a review on something and I am satisfied that I have included all my thoughts about it. Wait, what about that one paragraph about the .... (flips through the pages again). Fudge, I forgot about to write about that thing and I'm out of time. I'll just write more tomorrow.

Looking at this list, my reasons are very superficial. Its basically the standard excuses for procrastination. I need to do better than this.

First off, I am going to delete my other blog. I had this big idea of using this one for the fun and happy stuff, while the other deals with more serious topics. However, I am a person who has difficulty multi-tasking. Therefore, I have decided to make this my main blog. I will review the posts that I have done on the other one and will move them over here if I deem them worthy.

Second, I need to complete all the drafts that I have piled up. The main content is all there, I just need to add an introduction and conclusion.

Third, I have recently gotten a new bag that is capable of holding a small journal along with all the other stuff I typically carry around. I have found the writing bug bites me more often when I am not around a computer. So, hopefully, by constantly carrying around some pens and paper, writing will begin more easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment