Saturday, January 23, 2016

Valerie's Voice Actor

I recently finished watching the Danny Phantom series. When it was running on Nickeloden, I only saw a few episodes since I didn't have cable so I had to watch it at someone else's home. A little bit of researching revealed that Danny Phantom lasted only two seasons (what?!), so I figured I should be able to find all the episodes somewhere. Its a pity there are only two seasons. I thought it was rather good, but there were a few things...

As I was watching, I kept thinking that I had heard Valerie's voice somewhere else. That thought kept nagging me every time Valerie appeared.

Now, you may be thinking, "Why don't you just look for Valerie's voice actor and then see what other character that person has done?" True, that would solve my problem. Alas! I like the challenge of being able to recognize voices. Its way more fun to guess who voiced which person.

Its my afternoon walk, I saw a few dogs and started to think back fondly to Clifford, the Big Red Dog show. The lessons learned, the people, the dogs: Clifford, T-Bone, Mack always getting treats, Cleo always saying have I ever steered you wro----wait a moment! That line sounds like Valerie!

Off to the computer and finally open up the list of voice actors for Danny Phantom. Okay ...Valerie was voiced by Cree Summer. Let's see what she has done ... oooh Princess Kida in Atlantis ... Ben 10 ... aha! "Clifford the Big Red Dog: Cleo"

Well that was unexpected. No wonder I had a such a hard time figuring it out. Valerie and Cleo aren't exactly two peas in a pod.

My conclusion,
if ( 
==)
{
     mind-blown!!!!!
     //Of course, actors can play different roles, so actually I shouldn't be so surprised. 
}

Photo sources:
Valerie
Cleo

No comments:

Post a Comment