Thursday, October 15, 2015

Aspie Quiz

I am not completely sure how I stumbled upon the Aspie Quiz, but I did and decided to go through it. The experience was a bit bizarre since I could easily tell which answer would result in a "neurotypical" or "neurodiverse" diagnosis. Therefore, I had to spend a few minutes on each question to make sure I was as honest as possible. To you who stumbled upon this, continue on if you are curious enough to see what I am classified as.
... Still here? Okay, here is the result I got from taking the Aspie Quiz.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 142 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 74 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)



To be honest, my answers may have been a bit biased towards getting this result despite my efforts to be as honest as I could.

Everyone feels like an oddball among their family and friends. I get that feeling a lot. I have been told that I tend to stand further away in group photos. There are times when I get reprimanded for wording things incorrectly or saying it at the wrong moment. While I do understand most of the social norms, there are times when I do not feel like following it or I simply do not realize that my actions are peculiar.

When I first learned about autism, I identified myself with some of the typical traits. However, it is obvious I am not autistic since I can still function normally albeit maybe not as easily as others. When I encountered this Aspie quiz, I had to do a little research on Asperger's syndrome. As I read through various articles, I felt a bit of relief that I more easily match with the associated traits.

Overall though, the results of this quiz does not affect me in any way since I have already learned how to behave more appropriately in social settings and it is much less daunting thanks to all the volunteer work I have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment