Friday, October 16, 2015

El Nino's effect on winter

Well, phooey! According to this article "NOAA: Thanks to El Nino, the US Looks Pretty Wet This Winter" by the Associated Press, there might not be as much snow as I was hoping for this year.

I love the snow. Its beautiful to see it untouched in the morning. Another reason is because I need it to go skiing. Last year, there was dismal amount that came really late in the season. I only had a chance to go twice and both times the open areas were crowded with people also trying to enjoy the snow before it melted away (in just 2 weeks!).

This fall, there has been a lot of rain so I was hoping the wind will continue to bring the storms as the climate got colder. My fingers are crossed that this prediction does not come true. Maybe I should search for some snow dances...

No comments:

Post a Comment